January 20, 2017

My 2nd Ultimate Reset Journey - a bit of a roller coaster this time around

 
Happy Friday to you! Well, I've been a little bit off the grid for a couple of days from my Reset updates so I thought I'd catch you up (for those that are interested). If not, just keep scrolling by. It's ok! ;)

So I'm on day 5 and it's been a bit of a roller coaster. I've been right on track with my food, water and supplements. No problem there. Totally satisfied and content with food. Never been hungry. However, what I'm experiencing this time around is completely different than when I did the Reset this past summer.

I had a horrible, horrible headache from Tuesday morning to Thursday night. Awful! I stayed home from work on Wednesday because I just couldn't handle it. I was also extremely tired. I felt like I had taken Nyquil or a PM medication and was being kept awake. It was crazy!! FInally I was majorly emotional. I am an emotional person anyway, I can cry at commercials. But this was over the top. I cried at the dinner table over nothing! Seriously!! I decided to just go up and take a nice, long hot bath with epsom salts and try and get more toxins out. I layed up in the tub and cried for awhile. I had a lot on my mind that was coming to the surface. I felt better after I cried, got it all out and put it all into perspective.

The thing is that this is truly part of the process. Detoxing is not easy. Obviously I have done more to my body than last time I did this because the detox is much harder. Overcoming emotional hurdles is part of the process. The program encourages you to meditate, do yoga, breathing, stretching and journaling during this time. 
 
Fast forward to today....day 5 and I feel amazing!!  Headache is gone, I have much more energy, still satisfied with my food, I am happier, no more emotional roller coaster.  I feel great!!  Feeling this way will keep me on top of my game for 16 more days!!  
 
The weekend is always harder.  This weekend I have 2 social events to go to with family.  I have planned and prepped for it.  I will succeed.  I can live without wine!  Right?  Yes I can! Right?  I need the force to be with me.  Seriously I can do this. 
 
May the force be with me,
~Christina
 
I thought I'd share more info on the emotional release part of the Reset.  It's pretty interesting.
 
In the Ultimate Reset guide there's a section dedicated to emotions.  Here's a few points from the guide:

  • It's not unusual during the Reset to find yourself experiencing feelings, memories, or sensations from past relationship or earlier periods of your life.  Somehow, clearing the blockages from within your body has a way of freeing up your emotions too. 
  • Your body is now telling you it's time to handle these things.
  • These feelings present an opportunity to consciously embrace the positive recollections they evoke, and to fully release the unpleasant ones.  
  • Our bodies actually store our emotions, translating them into physical reactions.  They can be deep within the muscles, create tension, problems with our organs, they can create imbalances, disturbances and blockages.
  • The Reset acts as a catalyst for physical and emotional release.
  • Whether you observe these or other emotional shifts during your Reset, don't overanalyze them.  If you need to cry, cry.  IF you feel euphoric, enjoy the euphoria.  Be strong but gentle with yourself.  Allow these changes.  They're a vital part of the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment