December 9, 2017

The beginning of our love story!


This is us back in 1988!!
I celebrate every little anniversary. Today is a very special day. It is the 29th anniversary of the day that the guy I was dating asked me to be his girlfriend. 29 years later, he’s still my boyfriend and I’m still his girlfriend although we now have other titles too…we are now husband and wife and mommy and daddy. What an amazing life we have created since December 9, 1988 at 12:56pm right before 6th period class!!

We were just meant to be. I took a chance and wrote him a note in my 5th period class. I had a mutual friend deliver it to him. Then he took a chance and called me, although he said it took him all night to do it. He was so nervous! Once we had that first conversation, we have been together ever since!!

I love this time of year for us. We think back to our first days and linger in the memories and all the special first moments. How he and his best friend talked about how to ask me to be his girlfriend, would I say yes? "Of course she’ll say yes, you’re holding hands all day at school. Why would she say no?"


We think about the first time we spoke, the first time he saw me, the first time he picked me up in his famous 1987 Firebird he won at Disneyland (which we still have by the way), we listened to the Eagles Hotel California on that first car ride, the first time we held hands, our first kiss, the first time he let me drive his car. It reignites that high school passion once again. I love re-living it all, our beginning. It still amazes me that a 16 year old girl with a crush on the 17 year old high school senior created this amazing life!


We have grown up together.  We've made mistakes, some bigger than others, but we've also done amazing, wonderful things and have learned great lessons and made ourselves and our marriage even stronger.  We have built a life so full of love with our two beautiful daughters, our family and our family of friends.  They all fill our life with such fun, happiness and so many memories we have made and are continuing to make.  I look forward with excitement of what the future holds for us. We have many dreams and goals and so much to look forward to.  Whatever comes our way we'll do it together and that's all that matters.

Happy 29th Dating Anniversary my love! I would do it all 
over again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment